28 Jan 2013

Takara Tomy x New Era Caps

"Transformers, Capbots in Disguise!"

Last year I saw pictures of these Transformers "Capbots", a collaborative effort between Takara Tomy and New Era, surface on the internet and thought to myself "Self you gotta get one of these" to which I replied "Yes, I agree."
After a quick Google search I found that a store called "Kapow! Toys" had them in stock. Normally I would have pulled the trigger and got them straight away but as it was close to Christmas I had to sacrifice my guilty pleasures for my loved ones. And now thinking about it, I should have just asked for them as a Christmas present. I had sit through the "Broke Month" of January and patiently wait, whilst seeing many fellow fitted fiends show-off their Capbots on Instagram. Finally pay-day came and I was able to splash the cash and get these collectable goodies.
There are two Capbots in the series. One based on the Autobot's leader Optimus Prime called Captimus Prime. The other based the Decepticon's leader Megatron called Capticon. As suggested they are robots that can transform into miniature, seriously very small, New Era fitteds and are a must have for collector of all things New Era.